ddraw cleanup

Riccardo Bortolato rikyz619 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 10:45:37 CDT 2015

Hi,

While sending the other cleanup patches I worked towards
wined3d_surface freedom in ddraw and reached a critical point (aka
it's the last thing I need to do and it's something that needs a
strong decision):
in order to get rid of wined3d_surface_get_resource() I need to
accomodate the wined3d_resource_get_desc() call inside
ddraw_surface_init() (ddraw/surface.c).

Since the callback is executed when the wined3d_texture->sub_resources
list isn't ready yet, I cannot use wined3d_texture_get_sub_resource().

So here are the ideas so far:
- keep wined3d surface in the callback only (really ugly)
- move the wined3d_resource_get_desc() calls in a loop after
wined3d_texture_create() (kind of ugly)
- do magic in wined3d (really unlikely?)

Any ideas?

Ciao,
Riccardo