wine Presentation at ubucon Berlin - Powered by Codeweavers and Software Freedom Conservancy Project

André Hentschel nerv at dawncrow.de
Wed Oct 14 10:26:43 CDT 2015

Am 14.10.2015 um 09:16 schrieb Maik Wagner:
> Hello everyone,
>
> thanks to Jeremy White and Sebastian (who made me aware of this) I have received funding to hold a presentation on wine in Berlin.
>
> The conference is called ubucon and is focussed on Ubuntu Linux which takes place from 23-25 October in Berlin at the premises of a privately owned higher education institution in Friedrichstraße.
>
> There is a quite well-known forum at ubuntuusers.de where I give regular support concerning wine. It's mostly helping people getting their games to run and Microsoft Office issues also come up frequently.
>
> I post a link to my presentation which will take about one hour. The time slot afterwards is still free and I am willing to take this longer if the room is still free and people are interested
>
> http://ubucon.de/2015/programm#wine
>
> I have attached the slides which I have developed so far and I can certainly change the master slides to match a more wine-centric "corporate identity" if there is any.
>
> I will be leaving for Berlin next Friday and will be available during the whole conference if people are interested in talking to me. You can also ask me about "Crossover" as I am regularly submitting Beta-reports and made it to "Mythical" ranking. I am also maintaining some applications in AppDB (Fifa 2005 Demo, Crazy Taxi Demo, Nerf Arena Blast and Fotostation Pro)
>
> I will be bringing my Slackware 14.1 laptop as wine always compiles fine on this machine. It is a fairly old laptop though and still on 32-bits and a fairly broken graphics stack but I think it should be alright to show people that there is a development version around. I will also test and present some demos and show people how to file reports in AppDB.
>
> I will be reporting back on how the presentation went on this mailing-list as this is part of the sponsorship deal. Again, thanks to everyone who supported this.
>
> Please feel free to write to me and share some ideas, comments etc.
>
> Best regards,
>

> Maik Wagner

Cool, thx for doing this!
I was reading through your slides and figured that it sounds like the development version gets replaced by staging, but that's not true.
"Entwicklerversion erschien alle zwei Wochen – jetzt wine-staging"
The development version will still be released biweekly and staging shortly after