[v2 2/4] wined3d: make wined3d_device_get_front_buffer_data work with wined3d_texture and sub_resource_index

Henri Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 05:29:22 CDT 2015

On 13 October 2015 at 18:45, Riccardo Bortolato <rikyz619 at gmail.com> wrote:
>  HRESULT CDECL wined3d_device_get_front_buffer_data(const struct wined3d_device *device,
> -        UINT swapchain_idx, struct wined3d_surface *dst_surface)
> +        UINT swapchain_idx, struct wined3d_texture *texture, unsigned int sub_resource_idx)
>  {
> +    struct wined3d_resource *sub_resource;
>      struct wined3d_swapchain *swapchain;
>
> -    TRACE("device %p, swapchain_idx %u, dst_surface %p.\n", device, swapchain_idx, dst_surface);
> +    TRACE("device %p, swapchain_idx %u, texture %p, sub_resource_idx %u.\n", device, swapchain_idx, texture, sub_resource_idx);
>
> -    if (!(swapchain = wined3d_device_get_swapchain(device, swapchain_idx)))
> +    sub_resource = wined3d_texture_get_sub_resource(texture, sub_resource_idx);
> +
> +    if (!sub_resource || !(swapchain = wined3d_device_get_swapchain(device, swapchain_idx)))
>          return WINED3DERR_INVALIDCALL;
>
> -    return wined3d_swapchain_get_front_buffer_data(swapchain, dst_surface);
> +    return wined3d_swapchain_get_front_buffer_data(swapchain, surface_from_resource(sub_resource));
>  }
It's a little harder than that, I'm afraid. In particular, you can't
assume the sub-resource is a surface here. (I.e., "texture" could be a
volume texture.) In general, the rule is that anywhere you use
surface_from_resource() you should make sure the resource is actually
the surface in some way. In this specific case, the answer is probably
that wined3d_device_get_front_buffer_data() should just go away, and
callers should use wined3d_swapchain_get_front_buffer_data() directly
instead. Of course that only slightly moves the problem, so
wined3d_swapchain_get_front_buffer_data() should then verify that it
gets an appropriate texture when you make the equivalent change there.