Reviewer assignments in the patch tracker

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Thu Oct 15 08:31:56 CDT 2015

Folks,

I've now added support in the patch tracker to enable assigning a
reviewer to a patch. If you get assigned a patch, you are expected to
either reply with a sign-off, or send a comment to wine-devel (and
please CC the patch author).

Initially I'm only going to assign patches to people who have listed
themselves as maintainers for the area that the patch modifies.

A further step will be to gather a list of volunteers who are willing to
be assigned patches for areas that don't have an active maintainer.
I don't know what's the best mechanism for that, I was thinking we could
have volunteer entries in MAINTAINERS, from which I would pick
someone. I'd like to hear suggestions for other approaches.

Also, currently you don't get a mail telling you that you have been
assigned a patch, so you have to watch the patch tracker. I can add that
feature if people think it would be useful and not too obnoxious. Please
let me know.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org