Undocumented Toolbar common control message is now documented by Microsoft

Alan Feldman alanfeld at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 16:04:33 CDT 2015

Hello Wine developers,

I don't know if you guys are interested in this or not, but I figured I'd
let you know that Microsoft has now documented one of the undocumented
toolbar messages.

include/commctrl.h (Wine)
#define TB_UNKWN45D             (WM_USER + 93)

include\um\commctrl.h (Windows)
#define TB_SETBOUNDINGSIZE      (WM_USER + 93)

TB_SETBOUNDINGSIZE message
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee663584(v=vs.85).aspx

<< Sets the bounding size for a multi-column toolbar control. >>

That would mean you could also make the corresponding changes to this code
as well:

dlls/comctl32/toolbar.c
case TB_UNKWN45D:
    return TOOLBAR_Unkwn45D(hwnd, wParam, lParam);

/* UNDOCUMENTED MESSAGE: This appears to set some kind of size. Perhaps it
 * is the maximum size of the toolbar? */
static LRESULT TOOLBAR_Unkwn45D(HWND hwnd, WPARAM wParam, LPARAM lParam)

Anyway, just figured I'd share that with you guys.

Cheers,

  Alan Feldman