Prep for Wineconf - testing

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Thu Sep 3 09:43:54 CDT 2015

On Thu, 3 Sep 2015, Jeremy White wrote:
[...]
> How many boxes should we buy?  If I read Francois's notes on the default
> configuration, it seems like the pipe was originally '3', which implies
> two more boxes should do it.

Yes, two extra boxes should maintain the old status-quo.

> That sound right?  And would a pair of i5s with fast hard drives and 8G
> of RAM do the trick?

One aspect that I think is important is to ensure that the processor
support the virtualization instructions. For Intel that's VT-x and VT-d
and Intel tends to turn these features on and off at random across their
processor range. So before buying a processor I'd recommend checking it
out on http://ark.intel.com/.