Who decides what are good translations war: Update German translation.

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Sat Sep 5 09:55:28 CDT 2015

On Sat, 5 Sep 2015, Florian Pelz wrote:
[...]
> Yes. However, as Alex said, there are some "grossly horrible
> translations" which we may not want to copy. Also, often we're not even
> allowed to just copy Windows because of copyright. In this case looking
> at Windows was a good idea though (even if it does not help).

Where there is overlap, looking at what the Linux desktop environments
(or Mac OS/X) do is also a good idea. Using similar wording will help
blend them with rest of the environment. We can hope that the
translators from the GNOME / KDE community have done a better job than
Microsoft.

A particle is an irreducible representation of the Poincaré Group - Eugene Wigner