RFC - msacm32: Quit on unsupported destination format in PCM_FormatSuggest

Andrew Eikum aeikum at codeweavers.com
Tue Sep 8 08:04:00 CDT 2015

On Mon, Sep 07, 2015 at 11:33:09AM +0800, Bruno Jesus wrote:
> Since this DLL is far away from my comprehension I'm first sending
> this to wine-devel.

Seems reasonable to me. I would accept this patch, but tests wouldn't
hurt.

A related but different issue, there's another way to describe a PCM
format, using WAVE_FORMAT_EXTENSIBLE and
SubFormat == KDATAFORMAT_SUBTYPE_PCM.  This is synonymous with
WAVE_FORMAT_PCM. I don't know whether msacm allows for this synonym,
or if any application uses it.

I wouldn't block your patch based on this, but if you're writing tests
anyway, it's another thing you could test for and improve.

Andrew