RFC: Hybrid (wineserver / process-local) native semaphores

Daniel Santos daniel.santos at pobox.com
Thu Sep 10 17:59:11 CDT 2015

On 09/10/2015 01:52 PM, Chiitoo wrote:
> Heya!
>
> This seems interesting so I gave it a quick try, and it looks like it
> breaks FINAL FANTASY XI Online in quite the interesting way.
>
> After logging in on the PlayOnline Viewer, which is used to log in on
> FFXI (think of Steam before Steam et al.), it claims it needs an
> update even though that's not true.  It proceeds with downloading a
> patch-related file, but then complains:
>
> “Some problems occurred in HDD data.  Please check installation status.”
>
> I did not yet look into it more, but figured I'd mention this here
> already.
>
> Thanks!

Thanks for trying it out! It appears that I didn't know
WaitOnMultipleObjectSex as well as I had previously thought and was
returning the wrong value! When bWaitAll = FALSE, I'm supposed to return
WAIT_OBJECT_0 + the index of the object that was signalled (and not just
STATUS_SUCCESS). Incidentally, this also fixes the failed tests in
threadpool. I hope that this also fixes the problem you are having with
FFXI, as it was definitely not behaving correctly! All "wait any" calls
would have thought that the first object was signalled.

Thanks!
Daniel