regsvr32.exe tests

Hugh McMaster hugh.mcmaster at outlook.com
Tue Sep 15 09:07:37 CDT 2015

Over the past few weeks I've been sending a number of patches for regsvr32.exe to the wine-patches mailing list.

Those patches are the product of a new test suite written for regsvr32.exe.

The good news is that all of the tests now pass on Wine. The bad news is that the test suite is not suitable for wine-patches
because I haven't been able to produce the test DLLs at runtime.

The PE header format is complicated and I'm not too sure what I'm doing.

In the meantime, anyone who is interested in the regsvr32.exe tests can download the source and test DLLs from the link below.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/39sytyithd76x97/AAD-FntoMfEvhvrqAnWyW6QJa?dl=0

Any comments on the tests and/or help with the PE header issue etc. are welcome.