Bugzilla changes

Sebastian Lackner sebastian at fds-team.de
Mon Sep 28 07:00:37 CDT 2015

On 28.09.2015 08:56, Austin English wrote:
> Howdy all,
>
> As Alexandre mentioned [1], at WineConf we made several decisions to
> modify bugzilla in a few ways. I've now implemented those changes,
> which are outlined below:

Hi Austin,

thanks for doing these changes. :)

> * New wine-staging product: This should be used for bugs caused by
> patches that are in wine-staging, but that do not occur in
> wine-development (i.e., wine-staging patch regressions)

As far as I know there were some concerns to call it "wine-staging", and
it was preferred to call it just "staging". Did you use the original name
to avoid ordering problems?

> * New STAGED resolution: This is to differentiate bugs that are FIXED
> (in wine-development) from bugs that are not present in wine-staging
> because of one or more patches. The anticipated workflow is:
> UNCONFIRMED > bug confirmed, NEW > patch written and sent to
> wine-patches, if it's accepted, FIXED. If not, and the patch is
> integrated into wine-staging, then the bug is STAGED. When the patch
> is revised and eventually integrated into wine-development, the bug
> should move to FIXED.

Wasn't the idea to add it as a non-RESOLVED status? I personally do not
care that much about the difference, but we should probably decide before
we use it everywhere. Also it would be nice to have a field to keep track
of the staged patchset, without writing it in a comment. What about an
additional field which is only present when this status is selected?
(similar to the Regression SHA field for example)

> * New NEEDINFO resolution: There's a lot of confusion and different
> handling by triagers for what to do with bug reports that are
> incomplete (i.e., leaving it open versus closing invalid). To mitigate
> this, I've added a NEEDINFO resolution. If a bug report lacks needed
> information, set it to this status. Bug that have been open NEEDINFO
> for more than 1 year can be closed.

Similar to the staging status, why is this a RESOLVED status? Its not
really a final status, so a non-RESOLVED status would make more sense maybe.

> * Renamed UPSTREAM to NOTOURBUG: This is more in line with what other
> projects do, and eliminates confusion about the upstream/downstream
> distinction.
>
> Please let me know if there are any questions or ideas for further enhancements.
>
> [1] https://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-devel/2015-September/109392.html

Regards,
Sebastian