Migrating away from Sourceforge

Jeremy White jwhite at codeweavers.com
Mon Sep 28 15:58:49 CDT 2015

>> As an update, I did email the Conservancy.  They've gotten this same
> question from a number of member projects, and are doing some
> research/thinking about this.
>>
>> So it's not forgotten, but in progress.

Just in case folks have missed it, we are getting sponsorship from
Fastly.  Jeremy Newman is working out the details now.

It's not clear how much bandwidth we'll need vs how much they are
donating.  It looks like we'll be getting at least 8.5 TB/month, which
should be enough to cover the move away from Sourceforge.

But we were also hoping to provide binary downloads; we may need to do
some wiggling to cover that as well.  Of course, that depends on how
much demand there is for the binary downloads; if the demand is modest,
it won't be an issue.

Cheers,

Jeremy