VRAM size autodetection on OS X

Ken Thomases ken at codeweavers.com
Fri Apr 1 20:05:56 CDT 2016

On Apr 1, 2016, at 2:13 PM, Henri Verbeet <hverbeet at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 1 April 2016 at 20:41, Theodore Dubois <tblodt at icloud.com> wrote:
>>
>> I would like to write a patch to fix this problem. I'm thinking of adding an
>> implementation of WGL_WINE_QUERY_RENDERER to winemac.drv. There are 12
>> different things that can be queried about the renderer, but only
>> WGL_RENDERER_VENDOR_ID_WINE, WGL_RENDERER_DEVICE_ID_WINE, and
>> WGL_RENDERER_VIDEO_MEMORY_WINE are used to my knowledge, so I’d only
>> implement those.

I would have been happy if Henri had defined the WGL_WINE_query_renderer extension to be only the subset of GLX_MESA_query_renderer that wined3d actually needed, but given that he didn't, I think an implementation should strive to be complete.

> I think Ken is working on supporting WINE_query_renderer in
> winemac.drv, but I don't know when that will be done.

Yes, I'm a good way through the implementation.  wglQueryRenderer{Integer,String}WINE() are implemented, although not yet tested.  wglQueryCurrentRenderer{Integer,String}WINE() should be relatively straightforward from there.

I don't yet have an ETA as I switch off to do other things, too.

-Ken