user32: Use top level window as dialog parent for modal dialogs.

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at baikal.ru
Tue Apr 5 07:34:59 CDT 2016

Jacek Caban <jacek at codeweavers.com> wrote:

> >> This is part of the fix for bug 40282.
> > Could you please add actual tests that show the handling of disabled
> > window state? Neither current tests nor the new ones actually check
> > that at all, having such tests would prevent new regressions in this
> > area. Feel free to use my tests from the staging repository as a base
> > if desired, or write your own ones that use the same approach.
>
> This patch is not directly related to enabled/disabled state of
> parent/owner. I plan to send such tests together with the other part of
> the fix.

It still looks like shooting in the dark to me without writing the tests
first and only then starting to fix the test failures one by one, so it
becomes absolutely clear what exactly is fixed and where. Once again I'd
like to point out that writing exhaustive tests before starting to add
any fixes is very important for better understanding of the problem,
especially in such fargile areas as user32 window management code.

> For the reference, I attached a patch that (on top on this one)
> passes all your tests.

I have more tests that show that removing DF_OWNERENABLED handling altogether
(like my own patches also do) is wrong. These tests are not part of the staged
patch set.

--
Dmitry.