user32: Use top level window as dialog parent for modal dialogs.

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Wed Apr 6 05:38:50 CDT 2016

Dmitry Timoshkov <dmitry at baikal.ru> writes:

> I think that I've already described the technical details about both the source
> of the regression that Jacek is trying to fix, and the fact that the tests that
> could confirm that the fix is correct simply don't exist at all.

I haven't seen Jacek claim that the patch fixes the regression. I think
we all agree that more changes are needed, with corresponding tests of
course.

As far as I can tell, your objection is not to this specific patch, but
to the fact that we shouldn't commit anything until we have a full
solution?  If so, I certainly don't have a problem with waiting.

> So, is Jacek actually going to write the tests that would help avoiding new
> regressions in the area of dialog owner enable/disable management logic
> instead of pretending that his patch fixes something else?

Yes, he is writing more tests, he said so already.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org