user32: Use top level window as dialog parent for modal dialogs.

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at baikal.ru
Wed Apr 6 05:57:17 CDT 2016

Alexandre Julliard <julliard at winehq.org> wrote:

> > I think that I've already described the technical details about both the source
> > of the regression that Jacek is trying to fix, and the fact that the tests that
> > could confirm that the fix is correct simply don't exist at all.
>
> I haven't seen Jacek claim that the patch fixes the regression. I think
> we all agree that more changes are needed, with corresponding tests of
> course.
>
> As far as I can tell, your objection is not to this specific patch, but
> to the fact that we shouldn't commit anything until we have a full
> solution?  If so, I certainly don't have a problem with waiting.

My objection is that this patch pretends to be a partial fix for the
regression while there is no any tests for the regression source at all,
or the tests that actually demonstrate how all of this is supposed to work
with correct implementation.

At the same time we see numerous claims that my tests are not good enough
and the fix I've created for this regression is not correct, while there
nothing has been shown as a viable alternative to them, just empty claims
and hints (stay tuned, I'm working on something!) and accusations that I'm
not understanding the proposed fix.

--
Dmitry.