Experimental 64 bit OS X packages ready for testing

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 13:22:57 CDT 2016

On Fri, Apr 8, 2016 at 11:03 PM, Michael Müller <michael at fds-team.de> wrote:
> Hi all,
> recently there were multiple requests to provide experimental OS X 64
> bit packages. I decided to give it a try and updated our build system
> and cross compiling toolchain during the last days. Luckily the whole
> idea turned out to be less difficult than I thought, and I can now
> present you the first 64-bit Wine packages for testing. It would be
> great to have some testers to find out if I made a mistake during the
> packaging and to evaluate how good the OS X 64 bit support already
> works, despite the GS segment / TEB problem.
> You can find the test packages at
> https://repos.wine-staging.com/macosx/beta/. I didn't use the WineHQ url
> because those packages are really in a very early stage, so I would like
> to have some more testers first before we push it to the users. The pkg
> installer will now provide you with an option to enable 64 bit support.
> The files of the 32-bit and 64-bit build are merged during the
> installation depending on your choice. Please test both options to
> ensure that a pure 32-bit build also still works as expected.
> The wine devel package is a pure 1.9.7 build without any additional
> patches applied, while the staging package contains a small hack to work
> around at least some of the GS segment issues (it fixed 64 bit VLC and
> TS3 for me). If you stumble upon any differences between both packages
> (besides the staged bugs), feel free to tell them to me. This way I can
> find out how much the hack breaks ;-). Anyway, I am looking forward to
> your feedback.
> The checksums are:
> 272d0fc6ccc390c99b8457c8a433953555f517e0ebbdfe68d7070de377c9fcb4
> winehq-devel-1.9.7.pkg
> eb381ff8aec9e3c82576f941b9918f36185c17f921f0c6c93d6d97033cc0b303
> winehq-staging-1.9.7.pkg
> BTW: Are there any news regarding the developer certificate, so we can
> sign the packages? I have not heard anything since about four months ago
> when there was the idea to ask the SFC.

That's where it stands as of now. The Wine committee approved the
expense, but given that there's a legal agreement involved, we need to
involve the SFC. I've pinged Bradley about it, hopefully that will get
things rolling.

Please ping me if you don't hear anything in a few weeks, in case I forget :)


More information about the wine-devel mailing list