Fullscreen upscaling

David Guillen Fandos david at davidgf.net
Wed Apr 13 18:48:09 CDT 2016

Hey there!

I was looking into doing some automatic upscale for HiDPI screens (mine
is 3200*1800). It would be some knob that allows the user to choose a x2
scaling for fullscreen apps and similar stuff.

After reading winex11.drv I saw that it wouldn't be that hard to report
1/2 of the actual monitor resolution and then just upscale whatever gets
rendered to the gdi_display (so we would have an unscaled surface and
then blit that with a 2x scaling to the gdi_display).

I guess that some other modifications would be needed though. Any
comments on this? I think it could be useful for some people, nowadays
that screens just got lots of pixels.

Thanks!

David G.F.