Fullscreen upscaling

Henri Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 12:52:21 CDT 2016

On 14 April 2016 at 19:11, David Guillen Fandos <david at davidgf.net> wrote:
> Looks like it didn't get much love :D
>
> Another possible solution (wine agnostic) would be to use an X11 server
> on top of the current X11 server, since the major concern for me is
> fullscreen apps.
>
> The original question though was something like "how many interactions
> in terms of resolution does the X11 wine Drv have?" to get an idea of
> how much effort would be to implement scaling.

I think ideally this kind of thing would be done by the X11 server
and/or window manager/compositor. That said, if you want to do it in
Wine, x11drv_surface_flush() may be a good place to start. There are
going to be plenty of other things you'll need to scale as well
though, like event coordinates and various queries.