[1/2] shell32: Check IsWow64Process() before calling Wow64 functions.

Olivier F. R. Dierick o.dierick at piezo-forte.be
Wed Apr 20 23:04:34 CDT 2016

Le jeudi 21 avril 2016 à 03:28 +0300, Nikolay Sivov a écrit :
> On 21.04.2016 3:12, Olivier F. R. Dierick wrote:
> > See bug 36838 for comments and discussion.
> >
> > Supersedes patch submission 121402.
> >
> > Better version of the patch. Call IsWow64Process() only once on dll
> > initialization and setup a global variable.
> >
> Like I said in bug comment, doing this is depending on a side effect.
> SHFileOperation() could do anything internally, if you want to have
> consistent ERROR_SUCCESS last error (even though it's kind of wrong to
> check it, since it returns error code already), why not force it in
> SHFileOperation() directly? Changing internal path is wrong in my opinion.

I don't know if resetting last error in SHFileOperation() is conformant.
That's why I took the route to fix one error at a time until there were
none left. More errors may be introduced later, but for now this patch
is the last one needed to fix bug 36838.

I find forcing ERROR_SUCCESS in SHFileOperation() a brute and lazy way
to fix things. It may hide other errors. Fixing the internal code itself
may avoid bugs in other functions and is the way to go in my opinion.
--
        Olivier F. R. Dierick
        o.dierick at piezo-forte.be