Wine inside Xephyr on OSX

Bruno Jesus 00cpxxx at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 04:51:35 CDT 2016

On Sat, Apr 23, 2016 at 11:43 AM, Henri Verbeet <hverbeet at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 23 April 2016 at 11:15, Bruno Jesus <00cpxxx at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Now I was trying to do the same in an OSX, so I have opened Xephyr and
>> DISPLAY=:2 xeyes work but Wine windows are not created inside the
>> Xephyr window as if the DISPLAY is completely ignored. Is there any
>> way to make this work?
>>
> You don't mention how you're invoking things exactly, but my first
> thought would be to make sure you're using winex11 and not winemac.

Sorry, it was:

Xephyr :2 -screen 640x480x24
DISPLAY=:2 xeyes &
DISPLAY=:2 wine winecfg

And right, since I don't use OSX I completely forgot about winemac. I
just read Useful Registry Keys page and switched to X11, but now wine
does not load at all:

err:x11drv:process_attach failed to load libX11.6.dylib:
dlopen(libX11.6.dylib, 266): image not found
err:winediag:nulldrv_CreateWindow Application tried to create a
window, but no driver could be loaded.
err:winediag:nulldrv_CreateWindow Make sure that your X server is
running and that $DISPLAY is set correctly.

This is without setting DISPLAY. Clearly it is a missing dependency
that I have to install, but the main issue was this x11/winemac
difference, thanks.