WineHQ upgrade breaking dinput8:dinput?
fgouget at free.fr
Sun Apr 24 13:30:52 CDT 2016
I have rechecked this to make sure the test does not have a subtle bug
that causes it to depend on the stack layout.
In the process I have reduced the test to the minimum set necessary to
reproduce the bug (see attachment). But in the end I did not find
anything wrong so it does look like a compiler bug.
I don't know how to proceed from there.
* I think it would be better if someone more knowlegeable than me
reported this bug to the MinGW guys. Maybe someone who could undertand
what happens in the assembly code?
* On the Wine side it would really be nice to get this test (and
the three others that are impacted) to stop failing. But removing all
the static directives really does not feel right. Would it be better
to arrange for these tests to be compiled with -O0? Any other cleaner
So I'm really hoping someone can step up and move this forward.
Here are the relevant bugs:
* dinput8:dinput regression caused by new compiler
* usp10:usp10 regression caused by new cross-compiler
* wininet:url regression caused by new cross-compiler
* Unexplained new random comctl32:header failure (cross-compiler issue?)
Francois Gouget <fgouget at free.fr> http://fgouget.free.fr/
1 + e ^ ( i * pi ) = 0
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 3115 bytes
More information about the wine-devel