Windows 2000 VM timing out

Sebastian Lackner sebastian at fds-team.de
Mon Apr 25 10:07:02 CDT 2016

On 25.04.2016 15:47, Nikolay Sivov wrote:
>> Thanks for the explanation.
>>
>> I checked the commit log and found the problem:
>>
>> kernel32/tests: Clean up interlocked SList tests.
>> commit: 38d0690a2c0f01272a4199e9b73f67b6b83f7fb6
>> author: Sebastian Lackner <sebastian at fds-team.de>
>> Thu, 11 Feb 2016 02:53:11 +0000 (03:53 +0100)
>>
>> The patch removes an if statement that checks for a valid pointer to the function.
>>
>> I'll send a patch tomorrow, unless someone beats me to it.  ;-)
>>

> Looks like it was a purpose of this patch to get rid of dynamic export
> resolution. Win2000 tests results were deprecated some time ago.

As Nikolay already pointed out, this change was intentional. At last WineConf
there was the decision that we do no longer care about Win2k test results, so
I removed the dynamic loading code in the commit above.

@Hugh: Is there a specific reason why you want to run those tests on Win2k?
I don't think adding back the dynamic loading makes sense, unless you can
convince the rest of the Wine developers to continue Win2k support and to run
each commit on the corresponding testbot. ;)