Where is winegstreamer used?

Bruno Jesus 00cpxxx at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 21:38:24 CDT 2016

On Thu, Aug 4, 2016 at 6:34 PM, Andrew Eikum <aeikum at codeweavers.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 04, 2016 at 05:35:14PM -0300, Bruno Jesus wrote:
>> I tried installing some extra i386 packages here in Debian x86_64 but
>> apt-get wants to uninstall basically everything else if I do so I
>> guess I'm stuck for now. Currently I have plugins-base, plugins-good
>> and fluendo-mp3.
>>

> Yeah. Arch Linux is the only distro I know that ships 32-bit gstreamer
> libraries, and that only happened recently. If you want them, you
> could ask your distro's gstreamer maintainers to provide them.

Debian provides the 32 bit libraries but it is not possible to install
them side by side with the 64 bit versions, so trying to install them
results in removing every 64 bit package that depends on the 64 bit
version, in my case around 60 packages including programs I use daily.

One last question regarding winegstreamer, I'm slowly following some
tutorials to understand how gstreamer works but in Wine I can't find
where the decompressed frame data is, I suppose somewhere there should
be a frame that is then displayed in the screen and I believe it will
take like 99 quartz calls to make that happen.

Thanks,
Bruno