Where is winegstreamer used?

NP-Hardass NP-Hardass at gentoo.org
Sat Aug 13 19:48:14 CDT 2016

On 08/11/2016 10:38 PM, Bruno Jesus wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 4, 2016 at 6:34 PM, Andrew Eikum <aeikum at codeweavers.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Aug 04, 2016 at 05:35:14PM -0300, Bruno Jesus wrote:
>>> I tried installing some extra i386 packages here in Debian x86_64 but
>>> apt-get wants to uninstall basically everything else if I do so I
>>> guess I'm stuck for now. Currently I have plugins-base, plugins-good
>>> and fluendo-mp3.
>>>

>> Yeah. Arch Linux is the only distro I know that ships 32-bit gstreamer
>> libraries, and that only happened recently. If you want them, you
>> could ask your distro's gstreamer maintainers to provide them.
>
> Debian provides the 32 bit libraries but it is not possible to install
> them side by side with the 64 bit versions, so trying to install them
> results in removing every 64 bit package that depends on the 64 bit
> version, in my case around 60 packages including programs I use daily.
>
> One last question regarding winegstreamer, I'm slowly following some
> tutorials to understand how gstreamer works but in Wine I can't find
> where the decompressed frame data is, I suppose somewhere there should
> be a frame that is then displayed in the screen and I believe it will
> take like 99 quartz calls to make that happen.
>
> Thanks,
> Bruno

Gentoo has native support for multilib in the eclass for gstreamer
plugins, so all of the plugins should support 32bit and 64bit side by side.

Additionally, to debug/test winegstreamer/gstreamer plugin support, you
can use a DirectShow filter graph viewing program like GraphStudioNext.

--
NP-Hardass