[3/4] gdiplus: Load EMF images directly instead of through olepicture.

Sebastian Lackner sebastian at fds-team.de
Tue Aug 16 23:19:16 CDT 2016

On 17.08.2016 06:14, Vincent Povirk wrote:
>> This patch is very incomplete, and probably won't pass the 'make test'.
>
> It did for me, but that's not saying much. The current IPicture-based
>
>> wine-staging contains a pretty full and well tested patch that reimplements
>> metafile loading in gdiplus using gdi32 APis:
>> https://github.com/wine-compholio/wine-staging/blob/master/patches/oleaut32-OLEPictureImpl_SaveAsFile/0001-gdiplus-Reimplement-metafile-loading-using-gdi32-ins.patch
>> it should be possible to either use it directly or as a base for your work.
>> There are some other related patches in staging that touch the metafile
>
> Yes, that looks better than my version of emf loading. Would you be
> willing to send it to wine-patches?

Its probably not necessary when Dmitry will send it himself, however I would
also like to remind that everyone is welcome to pick up work-in-progress patches
stored in the Staging tree and to improve them for upstream inclusion.

Dmitrys patches also have some minor issues left:

* Second parameter for GdipCreateMetafileFromEmf is wrong.
* STREAM_SEEK_SET at the beginning is unnecessary.
* Errors are not passed through correctly in the decode_image_metafile wrapper.

Regards,
Sebastian