What flavor of C does Wine source target?

Ruslan Kabatsayev b7.10110111 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 00:59:01 CDT 2016

Hello all,

While developing some code for Wine I wanted to ensure that I don't
use some C99 features like C++-style comments or declaration of
variables after statement. But the only way I found to do this with
gcc was to use '-std=c89 -pedantic'. This appears to break lots of
other things in winelib, particularly 'inline' functions, so it can't
really be used for Wine/Winelib sources. The default for GCC is gnu89,
which does allow the things Wine doesn't want.

So, I wonder now, what flavor of C does Wine actually target? What
tools can I use to automatically restrict language features?

Regards,
Ruslan