Issues if GLX_SWAP_METHOD_OML is not fully supported

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 04:45:07 CDT 2016

On 2016-08-27 18:31, Fabian Maurer wrote:
> Is this a graphics driver issue? I'm using the most recent open source mesa
> drivers.
> Attached a patch proposal to deal with the issue in wine, but I'm not sure if
> this is the right course of action to take.
GLX_OML_swap_method doesn't explicitly say if it considers a partial
support (e.g. GLX_SWAP_COPY_OML is supported, but GLX_SWAP_EXCHANGE_OML
isn't) valid. My interpretation is that both are required if the
extension is advertised because the extension lists both as accepted
values for glXChooseFBConfig and doesn't have any language saying that
an error may be generated if the implementation can't support your choice.

As such this would be a driver bug and should be fixed in Mesa. Have you
raised a bug report there?