How to find out the source code function from compiled running address

Bruno Jesus 00cpxxx at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 14:03:14 CDT 2016

Hi all.

While trying to run a crashing application I used a debugger and found
out the crash is inside wined3d, I then started looking for ways to
convert that address back into what function it should be so I can
breakpoint it and check.

At first I got into
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/dll_export_viewer.html and it looked like
what I needed but the program does not seem to work in Wine DLLs.

Adding +d3d,+relay and checking the calls is awfully verbose, but I'm
still trying it.

Part of the function showing the addresses, last line crashes:

wined3d.dll:7EBCEF19 mov     eax, [ebp+8]
wined3d.dll:7EBCEF1C mov     eax, [eax+0EC54h]
wined3d.dll:7EBCEF22 mov     edx, [ebp-0Ch]
wined3d.dll:7EBCEF25 shl     edx, 2
wined3d.dll:7EBCEF28 add     eax, edx
wined3d.dll:7EBCEF2A mov     eax, [eax]

Is there anyway to find out where is this function in the source code?

Best regards,
Bruno