Implementing Fiber-Local Storage Callbacks: sharing data between DLLs

Andrew Eikum aeikum at codeweavers.com
Wed Aug 31 14:21:45 CDT 2016

On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 02:12:23AM -0700, John Sheu wrote:
> TL;WR: I'd like to share a struct definition between ntdll and
> kernel32, passed through the PEB.  Is this kosher according to Wine
> style/design, and if so, which header should I stick it in?

I don't know anything about the particular issue you're working on, so
I can just speak generally.

We try to avoid creating internal, Wine-only APIs. Sometimes it's
necessary, and when we do that, the header goes in <include/wine/>.
One example is "gdi_driver.h" which defines the interface between e.g.
user32 and the graphics drivers.

Are the structures you need declared publicly in the win32 API, even
as opaque pointers? If so, they may belong in <include/winternl.h>.

A specific proposal about what changes you'd like might bring more
detailed responses.

Hope that was at least a little helpful,
Andrew