TestBot news

Lauri Kenttä lauri.kentta at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 05:36:28 CST 2016

On 2016-12-04 05:32, Francois Gouget wrote:
> That said I'm not really happy with the state of things on vm1: for
> some
> reason its reverts are much slower than they should be.
> So there is still a mystery there and if anyone has an insight into it
> it would be appreciated.

Maybe you could simply replace vm1 with a copy of vm2 and then restore
only the few relevant pieces (network, hostname, VM snapshot). This
should rule out most configuration issues.

In general, if those machines are only used for TestBot, you could build
a common root partition for all the machines. That would be easier to
keep up-to-date and to copy to new machines, if necessary. You could
then have another partition where you have the per-machine
configuration, VM snapshots etc.

--
Lauri Kenttä