[website] German translation for release 1.9.24

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Thu Dec 8 13:49:59 CST 2016

Am 2016-12-08 um 15:46 schrieb Henri Verbeet:
> On 8 December 2016 at 16:06, Julian Rüger <jr98 at gmx.net> wrote:
>> Dear D3D guys (esp. Stefan), do you have any suggestions or better translations for "unordered access views"?
>> Thanks!
>>
> My German isn't great, but "ungeordneten View-Zugriffen" sounds like
> "unordered view access" to me, which would be something else. (An UAV
> is a resource view that allows unordered/random read/write access to a
> resource from a shader, as opposed to e.g. shader resource views that
> only allow read access, or e.g. render target views that allow write
> access but only to a specific location.) You should probably check if
> Microsoft has an official translation for this, but lacking that I'd
> expect something along the lines of "ungeordnete Zugriffsview". Or
> whatever the appropriate translation of "view" would be in this
> context.
"Resourcenansicht mit wahlfreiem Zugriff" would be my best guess, which
would translate back to "resource view with random access". Though
anybody who doesn't know what UAVs are won't understand my translation
either, and anybody who does know enough d3d will be confused by it. So
I'd leave it in the original English.

Semi-relatedly, one of my pet TODOs for my little time I can spend on
Wine is to revive WWN, and I plan to write a section about the d3d11
work over the weekend and have André publish it on Monday.