[website] German translation for release 1.9.24

Julian Rüger jr98 at gmx.net
Fri Dec 9 01:06:24 CST 2016

Henri Verbeet wrote:
> My German isn't great, but "ungeordneten View-Zugriffen" sounds like
> "unordered view access" to me, which would be something else. (An UAV

Yeah, I realized it was the wrong way around after sending, but thought
I would wait for your replies.

> is a resource view that allows unordered/random read/write access to a
> resource from a shader, as opposed to e.g. shader resource views that
> only allow read access, or e.g. render target views that allow write
> access but only to a specific location.) You should probably check if
> Microsoft has an official translation for this, but lacking that I'd
> expect something along the lines of "ungeordnete Zugriffsview". Or
> whatever the appropriate translation of "view" would be in this
> context.

Thank you for the explanation!

Stefan Dösinger wrote:
> "Resourcenansicht mit wahlfreiem Zugriff" would be my best guess, which
> would translate back to "resource view with random access". Though
> anybody who doesn't know what UAVs are won't understand my translation
> either, and anybody who does know enough d3d will be confused by it. So
> I'd leave it in the original English.

Always one of my favorites to leave it in English ;)
These were just too seductively simple words...
Anyway, I will follow your advice! Thanks!

> Semi-relatedly, one of my pet TODOs for my little time I can spend on
> Wine is to revive WWN, and I plan to write a section about the d3d11
> work over the weekend and have André publish it on Monday.

Cool, looking forward to reading it. :)

Best,
Julian