webservices: allocate enough memory for WS_XML_TEXT_TYPE_DOUBLE (Valgrind) (try 2)

Henri Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 04:50:54 CST 2016

On 14 December 2016 at 11:34, Hans Leidekker <hans at codeweavers.com> wrote:
> I didn't debug this (and I don't feel like it to be honest) but there
Ideally Austin would have, but fair enough.

> are loops in the formatting code which terminate depending on the
> precision and rounding of long double operations. Valgrind can't match
> the precision of hardware because it uses 64-bit numbers internally to
> represent long doubles.

That makes some sense, although IIRC the FPU is by default in double
precision mode as opposed to extended precision mode on Windows. (See
also signal_init_thread() in ntdll.) Does that also imply a similar
issue could happen if an application changed the FPU to single
precision mode?