[OT] Machine learning for automatical GUI testing

Qian Hong fracting at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 22:25:24 CST 2016

Hi folks,

I was falling into machine learning recently and I think I'd like to
share some ideas. Here is one of them:

quote:

```
Universe allows an AI agent to use a computer like a human does: by
looking at screen pixels and operating a virtual keyboard and mouse.
We must train AI systems on the full range of tasks we expect them to
solve, and Universe lets us train a single agent on any task a human
can complete with a computer.
```

Reference: https://openai.com/blog/universe/

Reinforcement Learning is the powerful algorithm used by AlphaGo which
won the Go chess game this year against world class master. OpenAI
Universe is a good environment to train Reinforcement Learning
program's skill on software UI testing.

We might want to follow the latest progress from OpenAI Universe
community to see if there is anything useful for Wine development /
testing. I know people tried GUI auto testing years ago but was not
very happy with that, however this time with the revolution of machine
learning, interesting thing could happen, finally.

Any one want to discover more potential on using machine learning to
improve Wine? This might not be practical in one month, but could be
very powerful in long term, like 3 years or more. There could be
multiple possible ways, not only GUI testing, but none is easy today.

Other interesting reading:
https://openai.com/blog/universe/
https://gym.openai.com/

Cheers!