GSoC Idea: Tools - Winetest Scripting Interface

Zhenbo Li litimetal at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 19:39:21 CST 2016

On 2016/02/13 05:56, Sebastian Lackner wrote:
> Thanks for the proposal. Not sure if its just my feeling, but so far the
> task list doesn't sound like it will provide enough work for several weeks.
> Goal 1 for example could be done in a few hours, if such a design is acceptable.
> Code snippets to create diff files is also publicly available, so comparing
> test failures could turn out as simple as calling one library function.
> Not sure if Stefan Dösinger had any additional ideas in mind (adding him as CC),
> but I personally think a few extra challenges would not hurt. ;) If you have
> any additional ideas, you are of course also welcome to add them.
Hi Sebastian

Thank you for reading my proposal. I wonder that Stefan Dösinger might
want a more complicated solution (No change to current code, and write a
full-functional script from scratch)
When it comes to the schedule, I think "Winetest Graphical User
Interface" might be a choice to provide enough work for this summer. I
guess there are some coupled jobs for these two ideas.

BTW, do you think it's a good idea to send the patches to wine-staging
first, and merge them to wine-git later(maybe one month?) to make sure
"no surprise" is caused by my job?

Have a nice day.
Zhenbo Li