Success in todo depending on the Wine platform

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Sun Feb 21 22:43:29 CST 2016

Francois Gouget <fgouget at free.fr> writes:

> To be clear, I don't think we should adjust the todos for every missing
> library, graphics card version, etc. The tests should already deal with
> variations in the graphics cards behavior.

I agree, but I don't see any reason to single out the OS either. There
are probably more failures caused by graphics card differences than by
OS differences, that doesn't mean we want a todo for each one.

> If that's still deemed too complex we could also have the policy that a
> test that succeeds on any Wine platform should not be a todo on any Wine
> platform.

The policy is that todos should be added as needed to make the tests
succeed on my box, since that's what is used to ensure that committed
patches don't add failures.

This means that there may be some failing todos on systems that differ
from mine; the solution is not to develop more complicated todo
infrastructure, it's to fix the bugs so that we can remove the todo.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org