[GSoC] Idea: Implement functions from Concurrency namespace

Piotr Caban piotr.caban at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 11:39:53 CST 2016

On 02/23/16 18:12, YongHao Hu wrote:
> As we can refer to some implementation of Microsoft[1], do you think it
> would become easier?
I didn't look on it yet so I have no clue if it's going to be helpful.
Probably yes.

> For example, the event class[2] can refer to the pplxlinux.h[3],
> TaskCollection[4] can refer to pplx.h[5] and
> reader_writer_lock[6] can refer to pplxlinux.h[7] etc.
You can get similar information from C++ standard description. You can
get some basic information from there but wine's implementation will
need to be binary compatible (or at least structures will need to have
the same size as on windows).

> My simple plan may like this:
>      Add tests to critical session.
>      Implement Class condition variable first, which can refer to BOOST
> and tests.
>      Implement Class event and tests.
>      Implement Class TaskCollection and tests.
>      Implement Class reader_writer_lock and tests.
>      Else: Find something that I think I can handle.
>
> Do you think such a plan would satisfy GSoC's requirement?
Sorry, I don't know much about Concurrency namespace yet. I just wanted
to warn you that it may be harder then you expect.

Thanks,
Piotr