GSoC Idea: Tools - Winetest Scripting Interface

Zhenbo Li litimetal at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 07:32:26 CST 2016

Hello,
These days, I'm discussing this idea in mesa-piglit group[1], and I've
finished a proof-of-concept script, showing that it is possible to run
wine's test suite from piglit (mesa's test suit)[2]

In piglit's mail list, I said that subprocess is necessary and it
could be a waste of time. After sending that mail, I realized that we
can redirect stdout and stderr to files, and then analyze the
results[3] instead of using subprocess[4]. With os.system, we spent
8.617s on the tests for riched20, while the bash script[5] needs
0m8.497s.

IMHO, this project should provide a convenient interface for both
piglit and human developers. Do you have any ideas that which function
this script should provide?

Thank you

[1]: http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.piglit/17480
[2]: https://github.com/Endle/piglit-gsoc/tree/mesa_wine