Mac OS X beta packages!

Aaryaman Vasishta jem456.vasishta at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 02:08:42 CST 2016

On Fri, Jan 1, 2016 at 7:24 AM, Michael Müller <michael at fds-team.de> wrote:

> For user convenience, the package
> also associates itself with all *.exe files, which means you can run
> windows executables just by double-clicking on them.

Not always, atleast in my case. I had a third party app installed which had
already associated itself with *.exe files, and after installing the
package it didn't change the default app to open by double clicking to
wine. Instead I had to use the "Open with" option by right clicking on the
.exe.

> This might not work
> for all executables though, since OS X doesn't seem to pass the current
> working directory to the "Open With" handler.

Does that depend on the location of the executable or the executable
itself? If it's the latter, can you give any example apps which have such
executables?

Cheers,
Aaryaman