Mac OS X beta packages!

Michael Müller michael at fds-team.de
Fri Jan 1 10:41:03 CST 2016

Am 01.01.2016 um 09:08 schrieb Aaryaman Vasishta:
> Not always, atleast in my case. I had a third party app installed which
> had already associated itself with *.exe files, and after installing the
> package it didn't change the default app to open by double clicking to
> wine. Instead I had to use the "Open with" option by right clicking on
> the .exe.

If I remember correctly OS X saves the first App, which installs an
"Open With" handler for a file extension / mime type, as the default
handler. If you have multiple applications installed, you have to set
Wine as the default application, but there is nothing I could change in
the installer.

> Does that depend on the location of the executable or the executable
> itself? If it's the latter, can you give any example apps which have
> such executables?

Basically all non portable applications on Windows, which ship
additional files, rely on the current working directory being set
correctly. However, many applications need to be installed into the
wineprefix first and their installer is often self contained, so it
should work for the usual case that you downloaded some installer file.
As an Improvement I could also set the working directory to the
directory containing the file, which should be correct in 95% of the
cases, even if you double click on a file inside of a wineprefix.

Regards,
Michael