Mac OS X beta packages!

Rosanne DiMesio dimesio at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 2 09:49:41 CST 2016

On Fri, 1 Jan 2016 02:54:48 +0100
Michael Müller <michael at fds-team.de> wrote:

> we are happy to announce an initial version of our Mac OS X >= 10.8
> builds. So far the packages have not yet received that much testing, so
> please give them a try, and report any issues you encounter.

This is probably a dumb question, but since I know nothing about Macs but have to support Mac users, I have to ask it. I noticed that, unlike your instructions for the Linux packages, you didn't mention anything about being able to install both the development and staging packages on the same machine. Does that mean it's not possible to have both packages installed on Mac OS X, or that it is possible, but nothing special needs to be done? Also, are there potential conflicts with previously installed versions of Wine that users need to be warned about? I'm thinking of Wine installed via Macports, Fink, or Homebrew in particular.

--
Rosanne DiMesio
dimesio at earthlink.net