Shared WoW64 on Mac OS X via Homebrew

kaazoo kaazoo at drqueue.org
Sat Jan 2 15:31:23 CST 2016

Hello,

I modified the existing Homebrew formular for Wine in order to make
shared WoW64 (32bit and 64bit Wine together) possible:
https://github.com/kaazoo/homebrew/commit/cd0f1db42e0a8228740fce347604d1cfe3a51364

The changes are not yet upstream, so you'll need to overwrite
/usr/local/Library/Formula/wine.rb with my version.

The upcoming LLVM 3.8 release is a dependency for the 64bit build:

brew install llvm --with-clang --with-clang-extra-tools
--with-compiler-rt --with-libcxx --with-lld --with-rtti --HEAD

After that Wine 1.9.0 can be installed via:

brew install wine --with-win64 --without-x11 --devel

Regards,
kaazoo