Testbot build VM is offline

Francois Gouget fgouget at codeweavers.com
Tue Jan 5 04:36:17 CST 2016

On Mon, 4 Jan 2016, Hugh McMaster wrote:

> The Build VM / vm4 is currently offline. Judging by the test queue, it
> has been offline since 3 January, 23:30 (UTC+1).
>
> Francois, I imagine this is for maintenance?

No. This tends to happen after Wine commits.

After a commit the build VM is updated to use the latest Wine source.
This involves starting it, updating and recompiling the source, deleting
the old snapshot and taking a new one. This all works well (i.e. the
'Update Wine to latest git' job completes successfully), but sometimes
the new snapshot is somehow borked so that the VM does not even respond
to pings (and often its console is unaccessible too). It seems to be a
guest kernel issue but it's possible it comes from the virtualized
drivers.

Furthermore I don't remember it happening when the build VM was on vm1.
Assuming it's a disk I/O virtualization issue, maybe adding a sync
and/or a sleep at the end of the Reconfig script would help. Otherwise I
could maybe move it back to vm1 (though that host is in need of an
upgrade so I'll have to move that VM back elsewhere eventually).
Updating the build environment to Debian 8.0 may help too (newer
kernel). Unfortunately I don't have time to work on this for now.

--
Francois Gouget <fgouget at codeweavers.com>