shell32/tests: Arrange for the shell_execute{_ex}() calls to set the test line.

Francois Gouget fgouget at codeweavers.com
Fri Jan 15 10:17:18 CST 2016

On Fri, 15 Jan 2016, Alexandre Julliard wrote:

> Francois Gouget <fgouget at codeweavers.com> writes:
>
> > This makes it possible to attribute their internal test results to the relevant test_xxx() function.
> > This implies that they must not make calls that would reset the test line.
>
> This is fragile.

How so? This is how the ok() calls work.

> It would be better to explicitly pass the line number, like most other
> tests do.

So I guess you object to the okChildXxx() patch too.

The drawback of explicitly passing the file/line number is that it adds
hidden parameters which makes interpreting compiler errors more complex.
It also means using two different mechanisms instead of one which also
increases complexity.

--
Francois Gouget <fgouget at codeweavers.com>