New Wiki

Kyle Auble kyle.auble at zoho.com
Tue Jan 19 17:31:57 CST 2016

On 01/19/2016 01:35 PM, Jeremy Newman wrote:
> Hey all. We've migrated our Wiki to a new backend. At this point we've
> ported most of the English pages over. BIG BIG thanks to Rosanne for
> doing this migration work.

Wow, that was quick! It looks like you all are making rapid progress,
especially Rosanne going by hand. I just remembered a couple things
about the wiki pages that might help.

The first is that you can get a list of all pages with "Help" in the
title on the old wiki (I'd include a link but "oldwiki.winehq.org" isn't
working right now); the page "HelpingWine" is one of ours, but IIRC,
every other one is a pre-loaded Moinmoin page and can be ignored (please
check me on that though). There are some other system pages to avoid
too, like SyntaxReference, but I don't think there's a simple way to
avoid checking one by one (unless you're in contact with Dimi, on the
actual server they're stored in a separate "underlay" folder). The other
thing is that I tried trimming a lot of the redirects last year, so all
the redirects that are still there should probably be kept for at least
another year or so.

> I'm sure there will be plenty of things to fix.

The new theme looks realllly good; I only noticed a couple things (on
Iceweasel/Firefox 38.5.0) about the navigation tabs. On the main WineHQ
pages (but not the wiki), they don't stick to the top of the window (I
think it's caused by the 45px margin-top for #whq-page-body, line 302 of
styles.css). The other issue is the tab labels seem to be smaller on the
wiki than on the main page; the only difference I'm seeing in CSS
Inspector though is that on the main page, styles.css is overriding
bootstrap to give ...
font-family: "bitstream vera sans","verdana","arial","helvetica",sans-serif
while on the wiki, load.php is overriding bootstrap so that ...
font-family: "Helvetica Neue",Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif

Kyle