Revert "winex11.drv: Fix IME status handling."

Akihiro Sagawa sagawa.aki at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 07:48:20 CST 2016

On Mon, 25 Jan 2016 09:10:59 -0600, Aric Stewart wrote:
> I dont know if reverting right away is the right path, did you explore adding
> XIMStatusCallbacks to the XCreateIC call?
I tried XIMStatusCallbacks today. But, most of XIM servers don't support
XIMStatusCallbacks. I tried Fcitx, IBus and uim and checked SCIM source
codes. My callback stubs aren't called at all (or I did wrong way).

> If not, then is there a way to detect that XNPreeditStartCallback is not
> being utilized? Maybe have a flag or something that gets set in
> addition to the IME_SetOpenStatus call, then if we go straight into
> XIMPreEditStartCallback without having seen the PreeditStartCallback we
> do the opening automatically, like we did before, but without the revert?
Sure. I'll try this approach.

BTW, do you know an XIM server which supports XNPreeditStateNotifyCallback?

Thanks for comments,
Akihiro Sagawa