Releasing wine-1.8.1 Soon

Michael Stefaniuc mstefani at redhat.com
Wed Jan 27 11:08:14 CST 2016

Hello guys,

now that two proper devel versions are out I plan to release wine-1.8.1
next week on Monday or Tuesday (2nd or 3rd February).

A list of included and queued patches can be found on
https://static-winehq.rhcloud.com/stable/
Or directly via git from https://github.com/mstefani/wine-stable .

I still need to pull in two bugs marked for 1.8.x
(https://bugs.winehq.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=RESOLVED&bug_status=CLOSED&list_id=281281&order=bug_id&product=Wine&query_based_on=1.8.x&query_format=advanced&resolution=FIXED&target_milestone=1.8.x)

If you guys know other bugs or commits that should go into 1.8.1 please
let me know (set 1.8.x in bugzilla, email, irc). The rules for
acceptable patches for Stable are on
https://wiki.winehq.org/Stable_Rules

1.8.x bugs deferred for 1.8.2 or later:
- #35187 - Jade Empire Special Edition configuration tool always
           resetting video settings
- #39838 - Wreckfest Server: Crashes at startup, unimplemented function
           KERNEL32.dll.GetConsoleScreenBufferInfoEx &
           SetConsoleScreenBufferInfoEx

Out of scope for 1.8.x:
- D3D10 / D3D11 as cherry-picking single commits makes no sense.

Many thanks to the people that already provided me with input on
patches for Stable.

bye
        michael