Testbot 3D tests broken

Matteo Bruni matteo.mystral at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 12:52:34 CDT 2016

>>> https://testbot.winehq.org/JobDetails.pl?Key=24151
>>> https://testbot.winehq.org/JobDetails.pl?Key=24150
>>
>> Not sure if you already got an answer on IRC or elsewhere. Anyway, the
>> tests are actually executed on OS versions with the WARP device
>> available, i.e. Win8 and newer. WARP device doesn't entirely match
>> "usual" hardware devices WRT test results and since we really only
>> care to match hardware behavior (but we still want the tests to pass
>> on the testbot) there are a number of hacks in the tests.
>>
> Should I don't care about pre Win8 test results ?

Certainly you should care, but you need to test yourself on real
hardware, or ask someone to run the test for you.

> Both, d3d8 and d3d9 games, are likely to be used with WinXp or Win7.
> Does it make sense to test them on Win8 or newer ?
> As likely every wine user is running wined3d on real hardware, shouldn't
> there be test systems that have real GPUs ?

Yep, but we can't have that right now with the testbot. I can't find a
specific bug number but I'm pretty sure Francois knows about it either
way.