IMM / IME work

James Osbourn jeo at subon.lib.mo.us
Thu Jun 16 15:06:03 CDT 2016

Ken, You¹re right.  I suppose there are external keyboards for Macs that
have a Right Control Key.  I¹m dealing with my MacBook Pro which is a
laptop.  I tried the Karabiner map for right control keycode to the right
option key, which doesn¹t seem to pass through to the application running
in Wine correctly, yet.  I will keep playing with mapping options, and try
Winetrick¹s Autohotkey inside Wine and see what I can find.

However, I suspect that the key code doesn¹t pass through because the
Korean IME is not in place.  I haven¹t figured out how to get the
Winetrick¹s msctf configured to work nor access to the ³Text Service and
Language Options² dialog.  I did go in with Regedit and create the
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\CTF\LangBar\ ShowStatus key and set
the value to 0, which I think makes it appear on the Desktop all the time,
but I may have to play with the settings.

Any thoughts you have are welcome.  Thanks.

James